This section is to be answered by the individual attending the trip. You will want to set aside about a half hour or so to complete the application as there are questions you will need to work through and answer with some thought. Answer the questions honestly and know that there are no wrong answers to any of the questions!
*T-Shirt Size (adult sizes):
*Are you a member of Woodside? (You have gone through the Next Steps Pathway or formal membership process).
*Have you been baptized by immersion after salvation?:
*Have you completed Woodside's Child Protection Program?:
Please tell us who to notify in case of an emergency.
*Emergency Contact Address:
MISSION TRIP QUESTIONS:
The purpose of this application is for us to get to know you as best as possible in order to set you, and the team up for success. There are no wrong answers throughout this application process. Only wrong answers would be dishonest answers; we are not looking for perfect people because perfect people don't exist. With that being said, being honest and vulnerable is the best policy and look forward to dialoguing with you further about this trip!
*Self Description - (This is an intentionally open-ended question so that you can feel free to describe yourself. How would you describe yourself? What are some characteristics about you that we should know?)
*Briefly share your testimony:
*Describe how your walk with Christ is going at this time in your life
*Explain in your own words the value of studying your Bible. What does the Bible mean to you? How often do you spend time reading your Bible?
Of the following, click which you consistently participate in:
Sunday Morning Worship Service:
Serving in Woodside Kids:
Of the following, click which mission trips you have previously participated in:
I have never been on a missions trip before:
*Explain in your own words the value of being part of a church community
*Each trip will involve a lot of WORK and it will be emotionally, physically, and spiritually draining. Team members are expected to do WHATEVER is asked of them with a good attitude and a humble heart. Describe a time where you respected authority.
*What are some areas of strength in your life? Try to list at least 3
*What are some areas of weakness in your life? Troy to list at least 3
*Physical/medical problems or concerns
*Anticipated areas of stress:
*Potential areas of emotional vulnerability:
Have you ever had a history of alcohol/drunkenness, smoking, drug abuse, sexual abuse? (Optional):
*Have you ever had any mental health related hospitalizations?:
*Have you ever experienced any form of trauma?:
*Have you ever had a history of anxiety or depression? If yes, please explain:
*What do you hope the Lord will do in and through you on this mission trip?:
*Family Physician Address:
List all current medications:
Please select the following medications in which a leader has your permission to administer to your student while on the mission trip if needed:
Sudafed/Sinus Relief Medecine:
CODE OF CONDUCT
As a member of a Woodside Bible Church mission team, I understand I represent not only Woodside Bible Church but also the host ministry, Christians form the United States and Jesus Christ. As a member of this mission team, by signing this application, I am agreeing to the following terms:
1. Complete team building, training, and trip preparation exercises determined by team leaders.
2. Attend and arrive promptly to all team meetings and functions.
3. Conduct myself as s guest and servant in a manner that brings Glory to God.
4. Submit to and respect the team leader, field host's authority and group needs over my own.
5. If the team leader approaches me about my behavior, I will respond with humility and repentance.
6. Return home at my own expense if my behavior is a problem determined by my team leader.
7. Abstain from the use of alcohol, tobacco and illegal drugs.
8. Abstain from conduct which would be offensive to the host culture and to my Christian witness.
9. Be flexible in all circumstances, committed to upholding team unity in less than ideal conditions.
10. Refrain from gossiping, complaining and stirring up negativity.
11. Agree to not form new romantic relationships with team members or nationals while on the field.
12. Already existing relationships will limit their public physical expression and not isolate themselves.
13. Agree not to engage in immoral conduct or inappropriate physical contact with others.
14. Contribute to the team's assigned work, willing to undertake tasks requested by the team leaders.
15. I won't be overly demanding, I will do my best not offend or embarrass the local mission host.
16. Assume full responsibility for all requirements regarding passports, visa and vaccinations.
17. Assume full financial responsibility for my trip and comply with scheduled payment of finances.
18. Refrain from giving of gifts, without first consulting and receiving approval from the team leader.
19. Dress modestly. Yoga style, tight fitting leggings are NOT allowed. No two piece bathing suits, halter tops, short shorts or Speedo's.
20. Electronic devices are permitted, if determined by the trip leader, to enhance our trips purpose.
SHORT TERM TEAM LIABILITY RELEASE
I UNDERSTAND THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITIES OF Woodside Bible Church, as a missionary or volunteer worker is a privilege. I acknowledge that such participation may expose my family and me to a number of hazards, whether physical, emotional, or economic, as a result of my participation. I further understand that transportation or medical facilities may be primitive or inadequate in the location where I am serving. In consideration of this privilege, I accept these hazards and risks voluntarily, and agree to release and hold harmless Woodside Bible Church, it’s officers, members, employees, agents, representative, successors and assigns from any and all claims that I may have which would arise out of my participation or service on the short term mission team, including, but not limited to, any travel related to the trip. I specifically release and waive any claims sounding in tort or contract, all claims for personal injury or loss or damage to personal property, and any and all claims for economic or non-economic loss, however characterized.*
STUDENT LIFESTYLE COMMITMENT
For all of our mission trips, it is expected that students will participate willingly in all mission trip training, regularly and enthusiastically be involved in the main worship service as well as faithfully attending and leading elements of the student ministry service. There will also be high expectations and training for developing a personal holiness that includes tools for personal Bible study, scripture memory, and personal accountability. I understand and am ready for these challenges and willing to meet the expectations. In addition, I understand that I will disqualify myself from the team if I violate our team covenant: This includes standards pertaining to use of drugs or alcohol, profanity/inappropriate pictures on social media, or any other outward disregard for Christian standards of student’s leadership. All 2019 trips have expectations of service/ministry hours leading up to the date of the trip. This may include using your abilities or skills on Sunday morning in Woodside Kids, volunteering in some other church capacity, volunteering in your community or serving at your school.
*I agree to the above Medical Release, Code of Conduct, Short Term Liability Release and Student Lifestyle Commitment.